Monday, December 31, 2012

Start your New Year by treating yourself!

There are very few things as a mother of three that I can do on a regular basis to treat myself.

My days are filled with cleaning, cooking, helping with homework, carpooling, laundry, and the list goes on. Add to that working a couple of days a week as a nurse in either the emergency room or clinic and that leaves practically zero time for myself.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add that as a wife to a police officer, I am often juggling these things by myself. Which after almost 9 years, I am completely used to it. But, it narrows the me time dramatically.

So what do I do to have a little me time and treat myself?

I read.  (And write, of course!)

And what's better than a nice long bath, glass of wine, and a great romance novel?

I can't think of anything better.

So this New Year when you're trying to take a little time for yourself... Order yourself a great book and pour yourself a glass of wine after putting the kids down for the night.

That's what I'll be doing!!

And may I make a recommendation? Try The Crimson Bond on amazon. :)

XOXO,
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment