Monday, December 24, 2012

A secret about Brooke's name....

For those of you that have already read or are reading The Crimson Bond, you know that Brooke is the lead female charachter and that it's her story we follow from beginning to end.

How did I choose the name Brooke, you ask?

Easy. I love that name. It's my oldest daughter, Hailey's, middle name. I love it so much, in fact, that I had considered using it as a first name each time I was trying to pick names for her little sisters.

I never did, but it was an easy choice when I was deciding on a name for the lead female charachter.

So, that leaves me in a bit of a dilemma, you see. Because, of course, her 7 year old sister wants to know why I didn't use her middle name, Kathryn. And, of course, I love that name too.

So, I came to a decision and I'll let you in on it.

I have three girls and there will be three books in the series, so, I have promised my daughters that since I used the oldest's middle name in the first book, I will be using my second child's middle name, Kathryn, somewhere in the second book and my third daughter's middle name, Faith, somewhere in the third book.

And that solves that.

Hope you enjoyed this little behind the scenes story!

XOXO,

Erika







No comments:

Post a Comment